I'm worried about my child's development... what should I do?
Trust your instincts. Take the first steps today.
You are not alone. From questions about physical and language milestones to behavior, learning and social skills development, parents often have concerns about their child's developmental progress. Some may wait to act thinking, "no need to worry, she'll talk when she's ready" or "boys just don't develop as quickly", often to the detriment of the child. You know your child better than anyone. Trust your instincts and take these critical first steps to save you and your child precious time and resources.
BEFORE applying for services at the Child Study Center, please complete STEP #1 and STEP #2.
Step #1. Get early screening & evaluation.
Birth to 3 Years Old
Contact Early Childhood Intervention (ECI). This is a low-cost statewide program that will determine if your child is eligible for speech, occupational and/or physical therapy services.
3 Years and Older
Contact your local public school district or principal of your local grade school. School districts may offer speech therapy or education services if your child qualifies.
- The director of special education for your district may make a referral for assessment.
- Services are available for children and young adults with a disability, ages 3 through 21.
Step #2. Talk to your child's doctor
Contact your pediatrician to share your concerns and schedule a consultation.
- They can screen your child for vision/hearing/and developmental milestones.
**If you have concerns about your child's emotional difficulties such as depression, bipolar disorder, suicidal thoughts, contact a mental health facility.
- Cook Children's Behavioral Health, contact (682) 885-3917.
- For Mental/Behavioral Health resources in Tarrant County, visit the Tarrant Cares website at: www.tarrantcares.org
- MHMR Tarrant County 24-Hour Crisis Line: (817) 335-3022
Step #3. Explore Child Study Center
Once you have completed the first two steps, discover why we may be a perfect fit for your child.
Why Child Study Center?
- We provide many services for children with complex developmental disabilities.
- Specialty-trained clinicians and professionals work hand-in-hand with families.
- Every therapy treatment used at the Center is scientifically proven and evidence based.
- We only use practices that research shows will help get positive results for your child.
- We look beyond a single symptom and into the complex whole problem.
- We identify specific disorders and develop treatment plans tailored to each child.
- Prior to any new patient scheduling, we require a completed application to determine if your child's needs fall within the scope of our services.
Download an Application
Baje una aplicación